We recently celebrated my dad’s birthday and he requested this upside down orange cake (see America’s Test Kitchen recipe here) and it turned out pretty good! I love citrus. I also love baking something new I’ve never tried before. And while I love working on and developing recipes for our blog, sometimes it’s relaxing to just follow someone else’s recipe. Other than that, I am in Florida this weekend celebrating two friends as they get married! This month feels full of celebration. Here are 10 things I’ve been loving lately.
1. Just bought these cute slippers for working from home. I’m usually just in socks or bare feet a lot of the time, but it’s gotten cold lately and the room my home office is in for some reason is the coldest room in our house.
2. Just finished reading What You Wish For and I really enjoyed it. It’s pretty light on the romance, but heavy on the life lessons. It was a delight and reminded me to reach for joy everyday.
3. Next up, I’m reading Small Town, Big Magic. Feels like a good fit for this season (witches!).
4. I’ve been painting our sunroom. It’s taken me about two weeks because I do it in 1-2 hour increments after our son’s bedtime on nights I’m not totally exhausted. Ha. Anyway, the color is Farrow & Ball ‘Salon Drab 290’ (same as our dining room) and I bought this rug to go in the space as a kind of “hooray, you painted” present to myself.
5. We usually just have a quilt on our bed during the warmer months, but now that it’s cold the thicker comforters have made their way out of the closet! I also decided to buy this one as the color felt like the perfect fit in our bedroom.
6. I pre-ordered Dolly Parton Behind the Seams and it came in the mail this week! It’s a beautiful, big coffee table book that has soooo many epic photos of her performance outfits from over her career. It’s super inspiring.
7. No link but I recently went thrifting with my mom and niece. I ended up finding a sweater for myself and a sweater for Oscar. They don’t match, but they were both cute and in great condition. And I must say, I love thrifting things for my son. I’ve been an avid thrifter since middle school, so it feels like it’s come full circle getting things for my 2-year-old now.
8. Still very much in love with this throw blanket.
9. I’m really into the new Goosebumps series. I’ve been watching it on Hulu, but I think it’s on Disney+ as well. It’s pretty scary (not suitable for young kids) but if you watch a trailer you can get a sense of the scary level.
10. After recording our Rosemary’s Baby podcast episode (out tomorrow), I promptly ordered every Ira Levin book on Thriftbooks.com that I could find because it turns out I am a fangirl. 🙂
P.S. Here are some recent posts in case you missed them!