Happy Sunday, friends. This weekend, I have been in STL visiting family, watching school plays and soccer games. Since becoming a mom, I have less time to be an aunt, but I still take my aunt life as seriously as I can.
Life has felt pretty full these past couple of weeks. My book, Handmade Murder, became available (!!!!!!!!!) and everyone has been so cool and supportive. Obviously, Halloween was a blast, we did a Curious George family costume and our son trick-or-treated with his cousins. ANYWAY, here are 10 things I’ve been loving lately.
1. I had pre-ordered Disaster Dates & Lucky Escapes and it came in the mail this week. It’s so funny and the illustrations are wonderful. I love following this artist on Instagram and happy to have some of her work IRL.
2. Still obsessed with my LED nail lamp. I use it every time I paint my nails and it dries them so much faster. I often paint my nails at night, not long before bed and I’m always disappointed when I have indentations from my blanket in the morning. LOL. But this lamp is a game changer.
3. I just started reading The Summer I Turned Pretty, which is not very seasonal but I just felt in the mood for it and it’s been on my shelf for a while. So far, so fun.
4. If I’ve mentioned them once, I’ve mentioned them 1,000 times, but I love all 10 of my jumpsuits from Big Bud Press and wear them constantly. No surprise they are what I wore in my book marketing portraits.
5. Planning on making this cheddar cauliflower chowder soon—it looks so cozy and amazing.
6. Of course, I’ve been shopping advent calendars, and I am very interested in holiday baking advent and this candle advent.
7. Why yes, I am rewatching the Harry Potter movies right now. How did you know?
8. I ordered some custom stained glass from this artist a little while ago and it finally came in the mail this week, and I promptly hung it in my home office window. So cute!
9. I got some curtain bangs cut a few weeks ago and when I want to pin them back I’ve been using butterfly clips, and they have major middle school vibes for me.
10. How many cozy sweaters is too many cozy sweaters?
P.S. Here are some recent posts in case you missed them!
- Check out this list of Thanksgiving books if your kiddo’s bookshelves are looking empty after putting all the Halloween books away.
- Don’t lie, you want to make this Appletini. I knew it.
- Really enjoyed episode 240: The Spy of the Criminal podcast. So interesting!