Liverpool will be without Alexis Mac Allister who will serve out his suspension.
Liverpool vs Brentford Live: Premier League LIVE – LIV vs BRE LIVE – Liverpool welcome Brentford at Anfield this weekend with two back-to-back winless games. The Reds lost 3-2 in their last match in the Europa League against Toulouse. Whereas, their opponent the Bees came out as the winners of another game with a 3-2 scoreline against West Ham United in the Premier League last weekend. If Liverpool win this match, they could end up in 2nd place in the league table. Whereas, Brentford could put last month’s poor form behind them and climb higher in the league table.
Liverpool are sitting in 3rd place in the Premier League table with 24 points, 3 behind the league-leaders Manchester City. Even if both Man City and Spurs in the 2nd place drop points, the Reds will still only be able to climb to 2nd place.
Mainly because Man City have a greater goal difference. However, they will have to fight hard to win as they are winless in their last 2 games. In their last Premier League game, Liverpool drew 1-1 against Luton Town. They then lost 3-2 against Toulouse in the Europa League.
Watch Germany & Bayern Munich legend Oliver Kahn return to India after 15 years
Check ISL 2023-24 Points Table
AIFF President Kalyan Chaubey greets legendary Oliver Kahn ahead of stay in India
Brentford have put their winless run in September behind to come up sunny in October. After going 6 games without a win, the Bees now have a 3-match winning streak. In that time, they’ve defeated Burnley, Chelsea, and West Ham United.
As a courtesy to that, they have managed to climb up to 8th place in the league table and are dreaming of climbing higher to the European competitions qualification zone. However, that will not come easy with the Reds as their next opponent.
Liverpool Premier League Form
W L D W W D
Liverpool Form in All Competitions
W W W W D L
Brentford Premier League Form
L D L W W W
Brentford Premier League Form
L D L W W W
Liverpool Team News
- The Reds have 3 players with long-term injuries recovering in the infirmary. Thiago Alcantara is suffering from a hip problem, Stefan Bajcetic is nursing a calf issue, while Andrew Robertson is yet to recover from his shoulder injury. All of them are set to miss this weekend’s match against the Bees.
- Adding to these 3, coach Jurgen Klopp also lost Ryan Gravenberch, Curtis Jones, and Virgil van Dijk due to various reasons before their Europa League match midweek. Jones has a hamstring issue that will probably keep him away until the international break gets over. However, Gravenberch could shake off his knee injury in time for the match, while Van Dijk should also make a return after recovering from his illness.
- Not only through injuries, coach Klopp has also lost midfielder Mac Allister through suspension. The Argentine received his 5th booking in the domestic league this season during their last match against Luton Town. Hence, he will not be serving out his punishment this weekend, so Wataru Endo should be starting for the Reds.
Brentford Team News
- The Bees have a long list of injuries with Mikkel Damsgaard and Rico Henry suffering from knee injuries, Shandon Baptiste recovering from a fitness problem, Josh Dasilva nursing a thigh issue, and Kevin Schade yet to recover from a groin injury.
- Adding to these players who are set to miss the match, Ivan Toney will also be absent serving his suspension. While these players, except Toney, could recover from their injuries soon enough, the coach has further bad news Aaron Hickey will not be able to take to the field till next year.
- Coming to the last match, goalkeeper Mark Flekken had to be taken off at half time as substitute Thomas Strakosha took to the field. However, he only suffered from a dead leg. Hence, Flekken should return to his duty under the bars for this match.
- Keane Lewis-Potter is quickly recovering from a calf issue of his own. However, he will still remain a doubt for this match and his availability could depend on a late decision. On the other hand, as Hickey and Henry get over their long-term injuries, Vitaly Janelt might have to take to the field in the left-back position.
Match – Liverpool vs Brentford
Date – 12th November 2023
Time – 7:30 PM IST
Live Telecast – Premier League’s rights are owned by the Star Sports Network. Hence the matches will be broadcast on various Star Sports channels. The fans will get to watch English commentary on Star Sports Select and apart from that regional fans will also get the opportunity to watch the match in their favorite language. Regional commentary in Bangla and Malayalam will be made available for key weekend matches on Star Sports 3 and Star Sports 1 Bangla.
Live Streaming – The match will be live-streamed on Disney+ Hotstar VIP. The fans will have to subscribe to Hotstar’s VIP plan to stream the Premier League matches live. Indian Premier League fans can also stream the match live on Jio TV.
Liverpool vs Brentford Probable Starting XI
Liverpool Predicted XI: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Konate, Van Dijk, Tsimikas; Gravenberch, Endo, Szoboszlai; Salah, Nunez, Jota
Brentford Predicted XI: Flekken; Ajer, Collins, Pinnock; Roerslev, Jensen, Norgaard, Onyeka, Janelt; Mbeumo, Wissa