For fun, relaxation, and amazing seafood, head to Kent Narrows, Maryland. Kent Narrows is a scenic waterfront destination on the Chesapeake Bay known for its stunning views and delicious dining options.
One of the best ways to experience Kent Narrows is through “Dock & Dine” – docking your boat right at the restaurant doorstep for a convenient and unforgettable meal.
In this post, we’ll introduce Kent Narrows and showcase some of the top restaurants that offer Dock and Dine access. We’ll also provide tips on planning your Dock and Dine excursion.
The Charm of Kent Narrows
Kent Narrows is a narrow strait connecting the Chester River and Eastern Bay, providing beautiful views of the Chesapeake Bay. It offers activities like boating, fishing, hiking, shopping, and relaxing by the water. However, the main draw is Kent Narrows’ dockside dining. Enjoying fresh seafood, live music, and waterfront scenery make for an unbeatable experience. Kent Narrows provides a lively yet welcoming atmosphere year-round.
What is Dock and Dine?
With Dock and Dine, you can dock your boat at participating restaurants’ piers for direct access. It provides convenience – no traffic or long walks from parking lots. Docking is often free for dining customers, but some restaurants charge fees or require reservations. Be sure to check docking availability and restrictions before going.
Top Dock & Dine Restaurants in Kent Narrows, MD
Here are some of the best restaurants in Kent Narrows offering Dock and Dine!
Fisherman’s Crab Deck
Fisherman’s Crab Deck is a crab lover’s paradise. A family-owned gem, Fisherman’s Crab Deck has been serving incredible local seafood since 1981.
Feast on Chesapeake blue crabs, clams, shrimp, crab cakes, and more. Dine inside or outside on their water view deck and enjoy the amazing Kent Narrows sunsets.
Fisherman’s Crab Deck is open from April through Oct and offers free boat docking while you dine. Dockage is limited to your time in the restaurant only.
You’ll find this crab haven at 433 Kent Narrows Way North, Grasonville, MD 21638.
Fisherman’s Inn Restaurant
An dining landmark since 1930, Fisherman’s Inn Restaurant serves up Eastern Shore classics and contemporary cuisine.
Savor dishes like Baked Jumbo Lump Crab Imperial, Oysters Rockefeller, and Broiled Seafood Trio. For dessert, don’t forget to grab a Nutty Buddy!
With panoramic water views and several dining rooms, Fisherman’s Inn provides complimentary dockage while you dine.
Open year-round for lunch and dinner, Fisherman’s Inn is located at 3116 Main St, Grasonville, MD 21638
Dock House Restaurant
For sophisticated waterfront cuisine, Dock House Restaurant hits the mark. Featuring coastal dishes with fresh, local ingredients, Dock House serves up cuisine like crab cake grilled cheese, lobster roll, halibut tacos, and amazing burgers too.
Dine in their elegant interior or outside on the wrap-around deck overlooking the Kent Narrows.
Dock House is open year round. In the winter season, they enclose and heat their patio, providing a cozy setting with breathtaking views for you to enjoy as you dine.
Dockage is free and available on a first-come, first-serve basis. It is limited to the time you spend in the restaurant.
Dock House is located at 110 Piney Narrows Rd, Chester, MD 21619.
Big Owl Tiki Bar
Craving a taste of the tropics on Chesapeake Bay? Big Owl Tiki Bar offers a relaxing island vibe. Sip tropical cocktails while savoring dishes like coconut shrimp, fish tacos, crab cakes and more.
Dine inside or outside on their patio with live entertainment. Big Owl is open from spring until fall and provides provides complimentary dockage while you dine.
You’ll find this island escape at 3015 Kent Narrow Way S, Grasonville, MD 21638.
For creative fusions of Chesapeake and global flavors, dine at Bridges Restaurant. Made-to-order dishes are crafted from the finest locally-sourced ingredients.
Highlights include crab dip, rainbow trout, fried oyster salad, and more. Savor the tastes inside or outside on the waterfront deck overlooking the Kent Narrows. Bridges also offers steamed crabs, cocktails, and regional favorites with international influences.
Bridge’s provides 16 slips that can accommodate boats up to 65′ in length, 20′ in width, with a 6′ draft. Each slip comes with electric, water and amazing views of Kent Narrows. Slips are complimentary while dining in the restaurant and on a first come, first serve basis. Overnight slips are available for $25 per night and require a dinner reservation.
You’ll find Bridges at 321 Wells Cove Rd, Grasonville, MD 21638.
The Jetty Restaurant and Dock Bar
If you want laid-back waterfront dining and drinks, check out The Jetty Restaurant and Dock Bar. From wings and burgers to seafood and more, The Jetty serves up hearty favorites from land and sea.
Dine inside or outside on their spacious patio with live music. The Jetty also offers steamed crabs, creative cocktails, and an extensive menu.
Open year-round for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, The Jetty is located at GPS coordinates of 38.898 N 76.437 W (38°53’54” N 76°26’12” W). They have bulkhead as well as free slips available on a first come first serve basis.
You’ll find The Jetty at 201 Wells Cove Rd, Grasonville, MD 21638.
Harris Crab House and Dessert First
For seafood lovers, Harris Crab House hits the spot. A family-owned gem, Harris has been delighting diners with fine Chesapeake Bay catches since 1981. Savor oysters, clams, shrimp, fish and more. Don’t miss their crab cakes and all-you-can-eat crab feasts. With indoor and waterfront deck seating, full bar, and free dockage, Harris Crab House serves lunch and dinner year-round.
Dessert First is part of Harris Crab House and offers a delightful menu featuring coffee, specialty drinks, scrumptious desserts and pastries.
Harris Crab House and Dessert First are located at 433 Kent Narrow Way N, Grasonville, MD 21638
Red Eye’s Dock Bar
Seeking a fun, lively waterfront experience? Red Eye’s Dock Bar is the spot. Enjoy pub grub like wings, burgers and tacos plus steamed crabs, cocktails, and local brews. Catch live music and take in water views from indoor and outdoor seating. Open April through October, Red Eye’s serves lunch and dinner and provides complimentary dockage.
You’ll find the party going strong at 428 Kent Narrow Way N, Grasonville, MD 21638
The Narrows Restaurant
The Narrows provides refined coastal dining with fresh seafood, seasonal ingredients, and bay views. Savor crab cakes, lobster bisque, filet mignon, and signature cocktails with free dockage on a first-come basis.
The Narrows is located at 3023 Kent Narrow Way S, Grasonville, MD 21638
Planning Your Dock and Dine Experience
If you’re ready to try the Dock and Dine experience in Kent Narrows, here are some tips to help you plan your visit:
- Check the weather forecast before you go. You don’t want to get caught in a storm or strong winds while boating or dining. You can also check the tide charts to avoid low water levels or currents.
- Call ahead or visit the restaurant’s website to check their hours, menu, specials, and docking availability. Some restaurants may have different hours or menus depending on the season or day of the week. Some may also require reservations or charge fees for docking.
- Bring your boat registration, insurance, and safety equipment. You may need to show proof of ownership or liability coverage when docking at some places. You should also have life jackets, fire extinguishers, flares, and other emergency items on board.
- Follow the rules and etiquette of docking and dining. Be respectful of other boaters and diners. Don’t block or damage other boats or docks. Don’t litter or make excessive noise. Tip your servers and dockhands generously.
Exploring Kent Narrows Beyond the Plate
Kent Narrows has more to offer than just dining. You can also explore other activities and attractions in the area beyond eating.
Here are some suggestions on what else to do in Kent Narrows:
- Enjoy water sports like kayaking, paddle boarding, jet skiing, or sailing. You can rent equipment from local outfitters or bring your own. You can also join guided tours or lessons to learn new skills or discover new places.
- Go fishing for striped bass, bluefish, flounder, or croaker. You can fish from your boat or from public piers or bridges. You can also charter a boat with a captain and crew to take you to the best fishing spots.
- Hike or bike along the Cross Island Trail, a six-mile paved trail that crosses Kent Island from east to west. You can see wildlife, wetlands, forests, and farms along the way. You can also access other trails that connect to the main trail.
- Shop for souvenirs, gifts, or local products at the Kent Narrows Shopping Center or the Kent Island Farmers Market. You can find everything from clothing and jewelry to art and crafts to produce and seafood.
- Get the Kent Narrows Travel Guide
Discover More of Maryland
VISIT KENT NARROWS, MD: CHESAPEAKE BAY’S HIDDEN GEM
VISIT ST. MICHAELS, MD: A CHARMING COASTAL RETREAT
EXPERIENCE THE PERFECT WINTER GETAWAY AT MERRIWEATHER LAKEHOUSE HOTEL
SUMMER WEEKEND TRAVEL HACK: AN OCEAN CITY, MD ITINERARY
HOLIDAY TRAVEL: A VICTORIAN CHRISTMAS TOWN IN BERLIN, MARYLAND