India and Australia are likely to rest their star players for the 5-match T20I series, starting on November 23.
Cricket fever remains high in India. Just a couple of days after the World Cup final (November 19), India and Australia will face off in a 5-match IND vs AUS T20I series in India, starting on November 23. The series will act as the start of preparations for the 2024 T20 World Cup. The two sides, who have played two gruelling months of cricket, have opted to field the second-string elevens. Here are the players to watch out for in the IND vs AUS T20 series:
|Tanveer Sanhga||Australia||Spin Bowler|
|Jitesh Sharma||India||Wicketkeeper Batter|
|Spencer Johnson||Australia||Pace Bowler|
|Ishan Kishan||India||Wicketkeeper Batter|
Players to look out for in the IND vs AUS T20 series
- Tanveer Sangha: The young leg spinner has shown great promise already, picking up a 4-fer in his very debut T20I match. The 21-year-old has an incredible record in T20s, averaging 17.31 with an excellent strike rate of 13.70.
- Jitesh Sharma: Having played just 3 T20Is so far, Jitesh is yet to prove himself. The batter, whose idol is MS Dhoni, boasts a great T20 record. With a strike rate of over 149, the wicketkeeper batter is a player who can do wonders in years to come.
- Spencer Johnson: the wild thing, is known for his express pace. A late bloomer, Spencer has played just two T20Is and 18 T20s in total. His record isn’t that flattering so far, picking up 16 wickets in his career at an average of 29.56 and giving away 7.69 runs per over.
- Ishan Kishan: In what could be a make-or-break series for Kishan, the wicketkeeper batter has to ensure he makes full use of this opportunity. The southpaw currently averages under 25 with a below-par strike of 121.63 after 29 T20Is.
- Rinku Singh: After an impressive 2023 IPL season, Rinku proved his worth in his debut series. The KKR batter is currently striking the ball at over 200 with an average of 75 in T20Is.
India vs Australia T20I series: Squads
Australia: Matthew Wade (c), Jason Behrendorff, Sean Abbott, Tim David, Nathan Ellis, Aaron Hardie, Travis Head, Josh Inglis (wk), Spencer Johnson, Glenn Maxwell, Tanveer Sangha, Matthew Short, Steve Smith, Marcus Stoinis, Adam Zampa.
India: Suryakumar Yadav (c), Ruturaj Gaikwad (vc), Ishan Kishan (wk), Yashasvi Jaiswal, Tilak Varma, Rinku Singh, Jitesh Sharma (wk), Washington Sundar, Axar Patel, Shivam Dubey, Ravi Bishnoi, Arshdeep Singh, Prasidh Krishna, Avesh Khan, Mukesh Kumar.
Note: Shreyas Iyer will join the squad as vice-captain for the last two T20Is in Raipur and Bengaluru.