Living in Minnesota has always meant cold winters, but I don’t submit to living in down puffer coats all year long. I love to mix a few classic jacket styles into my winter outfits. Today I’m sharing three beautiful jackets on heavy rotation in my wardrobe this winter.
3 of the Best Winter Jackets I’m Wearing This Season
- Long Wool Coat: An absolute necessity here in the North. The Tom coat from Sézane is my go-to for the coldest days. It’s made of a thick wool blend that’s windproof and water-resistant. I love the oversized fit, which I can layer over thick sweaters. It’s also perfect for layering over dresses, skirts, or pants. The coat has a classic, timeless design that will never go out of style. This is a forever piece.
- Blazer: The Romane jacket from Sézane is a great way to add a touch of polish to a casual outfit. I like to wear mine over everything from dresses to skirts to jeans to wide-leg pants. The jacket is made of a lightweight, structured fabric and has a flattering, feminine cut that’s perfect for all body types. You can easily layer an overcoat over this style for additional warmth.
- Lightweight Wool Jacket: The Nelson jacket is a lightweight wool option and a go-to on “chilly” days. This jacket breathes new life into your classic silhouettes. It’s great for throwing on over cute sweats when I need to run errands during the winter. The jacket is made of a soft, breathable wool fabric that’s comfortable to wear all day long. It has a relaxed, oversized fit that’s perfect for layering. This style works with an oversized puffer on top for extra cold days. *This jacket isn’t shown below, but you can see it in action in this Instagram Reel!
If you want to mix things up with your outerwear this winter, Sézane has pieces in timeless cuts and quality materials that will stand the test of time (and chill) year after year. And don’t skip on the hat and scarf! I love this hat and this scarf and have been wearing them on repeat.
The Tom Coat
A Must-Have for Cold Weather
The Romane Jacket
For Warmer Winter Days
Styling Tips for Winter Jackets
- Layer up: The key to staying warm in a winter jacket is to layer up underneath. Start the layering process with a thin base layer, such as a long-sleeved top or turtleneck. Next, add a thicker layer, such as a sweater or sweatshirt. Finally, add your jacket on top.
- Accessorize: A scarf, hat, and gloves are essential accessories for a winter look. Choose a scarf that’s big enough to wrap around your neck twice and a hat that will keep your head warm. Be sure to include gloves in your day-to-day, especially if you’re spending time outdoors.
- Choose the right fit: When it comes to winter jackets, it’s important to choose the right fit. A jacket that’s too big will be bulky and unflattering, while a jacket that’s too small will be uncomfortable. Aim for a relaxed fit that will allow you to move freely.
With a little bit of planning, you can create stylish and comfortable winter looks that will keep you warm all season long. Check out Sézane’s website to get your hands on these wardrobe items and explore their other stunning pieces.
Editor’s Note: This post was sponsored by Sézane. We receive compensation in exchange for placement on Wit & Delight, which we use to purchase props, hire a photographer, write/edit the blog post, and support the larger team behind Wit & Delight.
While we receive compensation in exchange for coverage, all thoughts and opinions are always my own. Sponsored posts like these allow us to continue to develop dynamic unsponsored content. Thank you for supporting our partners!
Kate is the founder of Wit & Delight. She is currently learning how to play tennis and is forever testing the boundaries of her creative muscle. Follow her on Instagram at @witanddelight_.