EquippedHamas has launched a video displaying two Israeli hostages seized from a music competition throughout its cross-border assault in October 2023.
The video claims to point out Man Gilboa-Dalal in Gaza Metropolis in late August, the place he says he and eight others are being held and can stay regardless of Israel’s deliberate floor offensive. It additionally reveals captive Alon Ohel.
Earlier movies of hostages launched by their captors in Gaza have been condemned by world leaders and households as propaganda.
Israel’s far-right Nationwide Safety Minister Itamar Ben Gvir referred to as for the total occupation of Gaza in response, claiming this was the one method to “carry again the hostages in safety”.
The video reveals Mr Gilboa-Dalal, who was seized from the Nova competition in southern Israel, pleading for his launch. In footage dated 28 August, he’s filmed in a automotive in what he says is Gaza Metropolis.
The footage additionally reveals Mr Ohel for the primary time since he was kidnapped within the assault 700 days in the past. Mr Gilboa-Dalal was beforehand seen in a Hamas video in February.
They’re two of the 48 hostages nonetheless being held by Hamas, 20 of whom are considered alive.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu spoke “at size” with the mother and father of each males following the video’s launch, based on an announcement from his workplace.
It mentioned he had reiterated that the battle might finish instantly ought to Hamas settle for Israel’s situations, which embody the discharge of all hostages.
“No evil propaganda video will weaken us or divert us from our dedication to realize these objectives,” the assertion mentioned.
However a bunch representing the households of hostages responded by saying anybody who “really desires to carry again all 48 hostages” needed to “instantly” return to the negotiating desk.
The Hostages and Lacking Households Discussion board wrote on X: “Those that genuinely need the hostages house ought to advance the settlement that’s ready for the Israeli authorities’s dialogue and response, and leverage it towards a complete deal for the return of all of the hostages.”
The group held a rally in Tel Aviv’s “hostages sq.” on Friday, which marked 700 days since October 7 2023, to press the federal government to restart negotiations.
Hamas mentioned in August that it had accepted a plan from regional mediators Qatar and Egypt which might see 10 dwelling hostages and the our bodies of 18 useless hostages launched throughout a 60-day truce, in trade for a whole lot of Palestinian prisoners and detainees in Israeli jails.
Israel has not responded to the plan, however insists all of the hostages should be launched in a single go.
Defence Minister Israel Katz mentioned on Friday that Israeli navy exercise would “intensify” till Hamas accepted Israel’s situations to finish the battle, threatening that the armed group can be “destroyed” in any other case.
Opposition chief Yair Lapid urged Israeli negotiators to renew talks on a ceasefire deal to free the hostages.
Getty PhotographsOn Friday, Gaza’s Hamas-run well being ministry mentioned 30 Palestinians had been killed within the territory prior to now 24 hours, together with 20 in Gaza Metropolis.
The Israel Protection Forces (IDF) confirmed that it had struck a tower block there, which it claimed was being utilized by Hamas.
It mentioned precautionary measures had been taken to mitigate hurt to civilians, “together with advance warnings to the inhabitants” and the usage of “exact munitions”.
It added that it had recognized “vital Hamas terrorist exercise inside all kinds of infrastructure websites in Gaza Metropolis, and notably in high-rise buildings,” including it might goal these websites “within the coming days”.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu introduced plans a month in the past to take management of Gaza Metropolis after oblique talks with Hamas on a ceasefire and hostage launch deal broke down in July.
Israel has intensified its operations around Gaza City in recent weeks, and says its offensive has established management of some 40% of the town, which it claims is a stronghold of Hamas.
The UN and support teams have warned that the offensive is already having “horrific humanitarian penalties” for displaced households sheltering within the metropolis, which is house to one million folks and the place a famine was confirmed final month.
Satellite tv for pc imagery reveals a number of neighbourhoods in components of the town have been levelled by Israeli strikes and demolitions over the previous month.
Israel launched a navy marketing campaign in Gaza in response to the Hamas-led 7 October assault in 2023, during which 1,200 folks have been killed and 251 extra have been taken hostage.
A minimum of 64,300 folks have been killed in Israeli assaults in Gaza since then, based on the territory’s well being ministry.
The ministry additionally says 376 folks have died throughout the battle to date on account of malnutrition and hunger, together with three over the previous 24 hours.
















































